Martial Arts Classes in Boise
Try on class for free, or sign up for the Beginners’ 4 session introductory program!
The Art Itself:
Students will learn:
• Effective blocking and striking techniques
• Evasive footwork
• Joint manipulation skills
• The rudiments of Throwing and falling
• The body’s most vulnerable targets, known as vital areas.
• Taekwondo is universally acknowledged to have elevated its kicking technique to a superior level.
• Every technique is executed with a vital target in mind.
The training algorithm is simple and linear:
• Students learn fundamental technique.
• Students practice technique systematically over time to produce skill.
• Students exercise skills systematically over time to develop creativity of application.
• The training is also cyclic:
• Students develop creativity, which makes them understand the need for skill.
• Students exercise skill, which makes them understand the underlying fundamental technique.
• Students return to fundamental practice to reinforce skill, which opens the path to creativity, and so the process repeats itself over and over again.
SIGN UP NOW AND SCHEDULE A FREE CLASS
This training develops strength, agility, and aerobic endurance.
The workouts are structured to provide time for rigorous repetition of all fundamental stances and techniques, the practice of advanced skills, and the exercise of creativity appropriate to each individual’s level of training.
Training is non-contact.
Kim’s Taekwondo’s martial art classes in Boise are conducted under the guidance of Grandmaster Knife, who has been training students in the traditional self-defense art of Taekwondo in Boise since 1982. GM Knife is the direct student of Grandmaster Kim, Hong Sik, of Kim Chun, South Korea, by way of Portland, Oregon.